3 Cubes Down

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Wow, it's been a while

So, it's been a while, folks. I'm not much of a blogger, I suppose. Oh well. Just wanted to let you know that I decided to delete my other blog ("Tech of Thomas") because I don't really want to list all my ideas in one place. I thought it would be a good idea, but it just detracts from the way that my mind works to come up with and support the ideas in the first place, so I just decided to can it. On to the "good" stuff.

Things have been good in the last little while. As some of you know I started my new job on the 1st. It's been great so far. The people are nice, the work is good. Over-all, I'm having a good time. Every friday is "beer and quake day". We have a powder day rule where you can use vacation days without advanced notice if there is more than 10 inches of fresh powder at any resort where you own a pass. It just so happens, El Dora has met that criteria. Good times!

Things outside the job-world have been good, too. Snowboarding has been awesome. I've started to get over my fear of speed and falling after brusing my tail-bone. I've gotten more confident toe-side, and in small jumps, and less terified with larger jumps (though not much). For christmas friends of ours got us lessons to help refine our technique a bit. I'm looking forward to it, and I think I'm going to get a terrain park lesson to get more used to rails and jumps.

Isis and I got our blue-black belts. I'm feeling better and better with the level 2 techniques all the time. We are doing more free-response with those techniques, and that is getting really fun. I'm finding that I know all sorts of fun ways to hurt people... ;) In all seriousness, though, I'm feeling good about it. 2 more months until our red-white test. I'll let you know how that goes.

Isis finished her first semester of college, and will be starting back up this january. She got all A's and B', so she can do the honors program, which I think is really great. The smaller classes are really great, and the professors are supposed to be great. I'm really happy for her.

Christmas was good. Some friends of ours invited us over to their parents place for dinner. We stuffed ourselves silly, and had a really good time with good people. This new-years we are thinking we are going to have a relaxing 4 or 5 person party with just a few of us hanging out. The monday after I have off of work, so even if it turns out to be bigger, it should be fine. I'll have time to get over the hangover...

Well, this post is getting really boring and long, so I'm going to cut it off here. I guess another thing that has happened since my last post is I have lost my desire/skill to write. Oh well.

Peace,
-Thomas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home