Little update
Well, I just wanted to have a little update here. It is a blog, afterall.
Firstly, the code that I am working on for proof-of-concept for my crazy ideas in my last post is coming along nicely. I'm having to do some pretty hacky things to get it to work (I have to break some security measures in the browser to make it get information from an "untrusted source". In the future I will do this up right, with an account with google for using their SOAP API, sign the code, all that. I just don't have the money for that right now.. You can help with that, if you want... ;)). Keep checking here for that. Just so you know, I am going to be making it to work with Mozilla Firefox web browser, so if you want to try it out, you will need that.
On a different note, tomorrow I'm going out to North Carolina for testing for my Blue-White belt in To Shin Do, and for Mountain Quest at Shin Togakure Mountain. I'm really looking forwared to it! But I haven't packed yet, I still need to take the dog to the sitter, and I need to do a bunch of laundry before I do all that! Good times.
On the work front, things are going well. I foresee another crunch, but at least this time it's not from lack of planning. We are actually getting requirements a head of time now, after complaining about it enough. Now, we just have tight dead-lines coming up. Oh well. We'll figure something out, I'm sure. We've already gotten them to agree to the idea that they get what they get whe that date hits, and after that we will work on it being done better. Oh well.
I'm working on outlines for some more essays like the last one that I posted. They will be more technically oriented, and deal with the same topic. I'm going to try to ease into the tech stuff, though. I want to try to get as many people as possible to understand as much of it as possible. That's turning out to be a challenge.
Well, I have to get back to work.
Peace,
--Thomas
Firstly, the code that I am working on for proof-of-concept for my crazy ideas in my last post is coming along nicely. I'm having to do some pretty hacky things to get it to work (I have to break some security measures in the browser to make it get information from an "untrusted source". In the future I will do this up right, with an account with google for using their SOAP API, sign the code, all that. I just don't have the money for that right now.. You can help with that, if you want... ;)). Keep checking here for that. Just so you know, I am going to be making it to work with Mozilla Firefox web browser, so if you want to try it out, you will need that.
On a different note, tomorrow I'm going out to North Carolina for testing for my Blue-White belt in To Shin Do, and for Mountain Quest at Shin Togakure Mountain. I'm really looking forwared to it! But I haven't packed yet, I still need to take the dog to the sitter, and I need to do a bunch of laundry before I do all that! Good times.
On the work front, things are going well. I foresee another crunch, but at least this time it's not from lack of planning. We are actually getting requirements a head of time now, after complaining about it enough. Now, we just have tight dead-lines coming up. Oh well. We'll figure something out, I'm sure. We've already gotten them to agree to the idea that they get what they get whe that date hits, and after that we will work on it being done better. Oh well.
I'm working on outlines for some more essays like the last one that I posted. They will be more technically oriented, and deal with the same topic. I'm going to try to ease into the tech stuff, though. I want to try to get as many people as possible to understand as much of it as possible. That's turning out to be a challenge.
Well, I have to get back to work.
Peace,
--Thomas


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home