Dang
This lack-of-posting thing has to stop! Ah! Oh well... I'm here now.
I haven't forgot about that little app. I just started working on it again after a long hiatus, and made a good bit of progress. I figured out how to trick a system into thinking it is making a call to a local domain, so that over-comes one big hurdle. From there, I have the JavaScript parsing the google results correctly, now it's just a matter of writing all the JavaScript to make it behave the way that I want it to. That shouldn't be too difficult. For anyone who will want to try it out when all is said and done, download Firefox. That's what I'm developing it in, and so I can't guarantee that things will work in other browsers.
Enough of the geek. Things have been well with life in general. Isis and I test for blue belt today. There are going to be a bunch of people there watching, so I'm a little nervous, but it's cool. I feel good that I know my stuff, and will be able to pull it off. It's amazing to me to coach the lower classes. At first when I started coaching I thought there is no way I was that bad. Then, as I keep coaching, I notice that they are quickly getting better. Very quickly! It's amazing to me to see the contrast from the "outside". It's such an inspiration to keep going!
In the job world... Well, it's a job. I've been looking for others lately, because this one isn't cutting it anymore. I have an interview today at 5:30. It's a phone interview, but it's something. Wish me luck. Even if I get the job, though, I don't know if I'm going to take it. It's about 50 miles (!) from my house. Unless I get crazy money, get to work from home, or something like that, I don't know if I can pull it off. We'll see. If nothing else it will be good practice for interviewing, and negotiating. I also got some word through the grape-vine (read, the paper-thin walls in the office) that a few million more dollars may be coming back into the company in a month, so who knows. I may not leave... But there does come a point when it's just not worth any sum, however.
I'm sure most of you have read Isis' live journal about Pippin. It looks like we are going to keep him, because there is no place in Colorado that will take him, and not put him down, and we just can't do that! So we're going to figure out something. On the up-side, though, he has been getting gradually better and better. I think he's coming out of his psycho stage. We'll see what that does in regards to children, strangers, etc... I love him so much..
Well I'm at work right now, and should get back to it. I'll post again soon. I hope to have a beta of that little web app done soon, and I am working in what little spare time I have on some separate projects of my own. If I can get those to any point where they are more than concept, and figure out the finances for hosting, domain registration, etc. I'll let you guys know. I'm going to need some beta testers! In return you'll get my un-dying gratitude, and a big smile!
Peace,
--Thomas
Quick Update:
We passed our test! We are now blue belts, and I didn't even need the machine pistol! There were'nt the spectators that said they would be there, but that's okay. I think I did better without the pressure anyways. Just wanted to let people know!
I haven't forgot about that little app. I just started working on it again after a long hiatus, and made a good bit of progress. I figured out how to trick a system into thinking it is making a call to a local domain, so that over-comes one big hurdle. From there, I have the JavaScript parsing the google results correctly, now it's just a matter of writing all the JavaScript to make it behave the way that I want it to. That shouldn't be too difficult. For anyone who will want to try it out when all is said and done, download Firefox. That's what I'm developing it in, and so I can't guarantee that things will work in other browsers.
Enough of the geek. Things have been well with life in general. Isis and I test for blue belt today. There are going to be a bunch of people there watching, so I'm a little nervous, but it's cool. I feel good that I know my stuff, and will be able to pull it off. It's amazing to me to coach the lower classes. At first when I started coaching I thought there is no way I was that bad. Then, as I keep coaching, I notice that they are quickly getting better. Very quickly! It's amazing to me to see the contrast from the "outside". It's such an inspiration to keep going!
In the job world... Well, it's a job. I've been looking for others lately, because this one isn't cutting it anymore. I have an interview today at 5:30. It's a phone interview, but it's something. Wish me luck. Even if I get the job, though, I don't know if I'm going to take it. It's about 50 miles (!) from my house. Unless I get crazy money, get to work from home, or something like that, I don't know if I can pull it off. We'll see. If nothing else it will be good practice for interviewing, and negotiating. I also got some word through the grape-vine (read, the paper-thin walls in the office) that a few million more dollars may be coming back into the company in a month, so who knows. I may not leave... But there does come a point when it's just not worth any sum, however.
I'm sure most of you have read Isis' live journal about Pippin. It looks like we are going to keep him, because there is no place in Colorado that will take him, and not put him down, and we just can't do that! So we're going to figure out something. On the up-side, though, he has been getting gradually better and better. I think he's coming out of his psycho stage. We'll see what that does in regards to children, strangers, etc... I love him so much..
Well I'm at work right now, and should get back to it. I'll post again soon. I hope to have a beta of that little web app done soon, and I am working in what little spare time I have on some separate projects of my own. If I can get those to any point where they are more than concept, and figure out the finances for hosting, domain registration, etc. I'll let you guys know. I'm going to need some beta testers! In return you'll get my un-dying gratitude, and a big smile!
Peace,
--Thomas
Quick Update:
We passed our test! We are now blue belts, and I didn't even need the machine pistol! There were'nt the spectators that said they would be there, but that's okay. I think I did better without the pressure anyways. Just wanted to let people know!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home