Wow. It's been a while
I have too many damn bloggy dealies all over the damn internet. It's driving me crazy! I thought I had too many, and then Isis singed me up for a facebook and myspace account (neither of which I ever go to look at). It's too much to keep up with! (That actually gives me a brilliant idea for an app I could write....).
Anyway, because I have some other blogs for some projects of mine here at blogger, I figure I should just use the one that I have here for any personal stuff that I want to write about. We just had one hell of a fire here at work that we put out, and that got me thinking about things that I want to put down.
The problem was a result of a combination of a typo, and cvs's in-ability to fix any damn thing. CVS had it's time, and it was great in that time, but it's time has come and gone. It's time to move on. Thankfully we are moving things to subversion, but it's going to be a long process, I'm sure.
Things are coming along nicely for my personal projects. I'm almost ready to release it to some friends for a bit more open testing. Before long I'm going to have to set up the credit-card processing stuff for members to use, and along with that all sorts of good stuff related to account types, etc. I might just break down and use paypal (evil!) to start with, and once I have some more money saved up, throw down for an actual merchant account, etc etc. But before all that happens, I still have to incorporate, blah blah blah. I just want to write code! Noone ever told me that there was all this business stuff with running a business! ;)
It's all good though. Once it's live, then I have to deal with marketing, and whatnot. If it takes off, then I have to deal with getting some dedicated hosting (I'm on shared right now). I haven't even talked to my host about switching over yet. Hell, I'm still doing dev work in the "live" site! I haven't even got a dev system up and running yet! Gah! So much to do, seemingly so little time. Despite all that, though, if I just stick to my todo list, I'll have all that done and more before I know it, and a great thing shall grace this interweb.
Any-whodle, I have to get back to work. Just wanted to type for a bit.
-T
Anyway, because I have some other blogs for some projects of mine here at blogger, I figure I should just use the one that I have here for any personal stuff that I want to write about. We just had one hell of a fire here at work that we put out, and that got me thinking about things that I want to put down.
The problem was a result of a combination of a typo, and cvs's in-ability to fix any damn thing. CVS had it's time, and it was great in that time, but it's time has come and gone. It's time to move on. Thankfully we are moving things to subversion, but it's going to be a long process, I'm sure.
Things are coming along nicely for my personal projects. I'm almost ready to release it to some friends for a bit more open testing. Before long I'm going to have to set up the credit-card processing stuff for members to use, and along with that all sorts of good stuff related to account types, etc. I might just break down and use paypal (evil!) to start with, and once I have some more money saved up, throw down for an actual merchant account, etc etc. But before all that happens, I still have to incorporate, blah blah blah. I just want to write code! Noone ever told me that there was all this business stuff with running a business! ;)
It's all good though. Once it's live, then I have to deal with marketing, and whatnot. If it takes off, then I have to deal with getting some dedicated hosting (I'm on shared right now). I haven't even talked to my host about switching over yet. Hell, I'm still doing dev work in the "live" site! I haven't even got a dev system up and running yet! Gah! So much to do, seemingly so little time. Despite all that, though, if I just stick to my todo list, I'll have all that done and more before I know it, and a great thing shall grace this interweb.
Any-whodle, I have to get back to work. Just wanted to type for a bit.
-T


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home